Go for it!
Well, Well, Well. Why should you travel in the summer months? I mean June , July, and even August if you don’t begin school again that month. And maybe I mean the month of May, if your kids are out that early. The point is, this is an extended break from a school calendar and you have more flexibility, more time on your family’s schedule, to get away.
Some families want to shoot out of town the moment school is done; some families plan for camp first, then vacation. Regardless, these reasonable reasons apply:
1) You have time. Why not take 2 or 3 weeks and explore the world? You can travel further, and take more time to recover once you’re home before the kids have to ‘perform’ again. You, the parents? Well, you can make do, right?
2) In some regions this is ‘low season‘. In Central America – Costa Rica and Panama for instance – it is still a great time to visit, but it will be less crowded and flights will be more reasonable. Come see whales migrating, or Green Sea Turtles nesting on the ‘off season’.
3) You can reach faraway lands. Maybe it is too hard to think about an 18 hour flight over your precious February or March break, but in the summer, not so bad. Destinations like Tanzania, China, Thailand, Turkey, Morocco become a more relaxed and reasonable goal.
4) Christmas, Hanukah, Easter, Passover…. you probably have a focused family plan for the holidays. But what do you do in the summer? When there isn’t a specific focus to your vacation, an adventure plan can be just the right thing.
5) Big celebrations. OK, I myself am suffering from thinking about my last child heading off to college. Do I want to plan something for all of us together? You bet. This feels like a last chance – I have several family adventures planned for this summer! Why don’t you?
6) But maybe it’s an important anniversary or another milestone… summertime can be a less expensive and more convenient time to gather the family together for a kind of celebratory reunion. This is the best time to ask us to plan for something person and precious just for you.
7) Are you looking to escape the heat of your hometown? Destinations near the Equator like Ecuador and Peru in South America, or Tanzania in Africa, offer wonderful family adventures in a moderate climate – warm days and cool nights. Hike, swim, commune with unique wildlife…it’s just waiting for you.
8) I admit, I’ve run out of ideas. All I can say is, summer is an awesome time to pull the family together and go for it. What a time of discovery and growth, from end of one school year stretching to the beginning of the next. Be it your garden, or your family together — Just like me, I know you have time for both.
9) Oh, one more thing I’ll add here – you’re not too late to pull something together for summer 2011. We’ve gotten used to the ‘last minute’ calls so come along and add your request. There might just be the family adventure of a lifetime waiting for you this summer.
10) And you have just until May 31 2011 to secure some serious early booking savings (up to $500 per person!) for 2012. Call us now and we’ll tell you how 800-262-6255