Click tabs for more information
Explore a tropical paradise with a completely unique culture and an incredible array of wildlife and ecosystems.
Begin your family adventure in the Toledo district of Southern Belize, a hidden gem with flourishing jungle, Mayan ruins, Caribbean coastline, and vibrant Garifuna culture. Your family will explore the Mayan archeological site of Lubaantun, swim and hike at Rio Blanco National Park, and visit a local family to learn how to make traditional crafts. Zip line through the rain forest, spot some incredible wildlife, learn how to make chocolate, and meet your children’s Belizean pen pals.
Then head to Placencia, home to the Belize Barrier Reef and some of the world’s best snorkeling. Discover all kinds of fascinating aquatic life, and take a boat tour of Monkey River, spotting tropical birds, iguanas, crocodiles, manatees, and howler monkeys. Your family will fall in love with Belize and be raving about this experience for years to come!
|Dates||10 or more travelers||7 to 9 travelers||2 to 6 travelers||Internal Air||Special Features|
|03/22 - 03/29||$4,290||$4,490||$4,990||$100||
8 Day Trip
|Call for Availability|
|04/12 - 04/20||$4,790||$4,990||$5,390||$100|
- Arrival and transfer to Punta Gorda/Toledo flight
- Explore the Mayan archeological site of Lubaantun
- Picnic and swimming at Rio Blanco National Park
- Jungle trek at Rio Blanco
- Visit the Chiac family and learn to make local crafts
- Optional morning bird walk
- Garifuna drumming demonstration
- Chocolate making lesson and lunch
- Zip lining at Big Falls
- Friends Across Borders Meeting (pen pals)
- Night nature walk at Big Falls
The tagline of Placencia is "Barefoot Perfect" - referring to the pristine nature of its 16 miles of sandy beaches. This laid-back town is home to "The Sidewalk" - previously the Guinness Book of World Records title holder for "narrowest street in the world," but still a popular place to stroll amongst locals.
- Monkey River boat tour en route to Placencia
- Southern Barrier Reef - Laughing Bird Caye snorkeling
- Southern Barrier Reef - Silk Water Caye snorkeling
- 2 free days in the Caribbean paradise of Placencia
- Fly to Belize City and connect with your international flight
The Lodge at Big Falls is situated on the banks of the Rio Grande river in Belize's southern Toledo District. The property is located on a meander of the river with almost a mile of river frontage. There are views towards the Maya Mountains to the north west while the south eastern bank faces the village of Big Falls. However, there are no "big falls" in Big Falls. This is just the name of the village!
Laru Beya Resort, whose name means "on the beach" in a local dialect, is located on the white beaches of the Placencia Peninsula. The resort is only three miles from the town of Placencia. The hotel features beautiful, air conditioned rooms with private patios. Highlights of the hotel include local art and furniture, wireless internet, a freshwater pool and its gorgeous beach-front location.
Why Belize with Thomson?