Cultural Vacations: Culture and Civilizations
Our cultural vacations aren't about dashing from tourist site to tourist site. They’re about experiencing a land through its traditions, customs and history, its people and archaeological treasures. Our destinations are steeped in age-old stories and ancient ruins that will boggle your mind. Why did the Egyptians make the Great Sphinx half human and half lion? How long did it take the Chinese to chisel more than 6,000 life size stone men? There are so many fascinating mysteries throughout the world waiting to be investigated.
- Try Quechua backstrap weaving
- See the Pisaq Ruins
- Discover Bangkok’s grandiose temples and palaces
- Relax on the white sand shores of Ventry Bay
- Learn to sail in Kinsale
- Explore Charles Fort, one of the largest star shaped forts in Europe
Explore "Old Tokyo"
Hike the Kumano Kodo Trail
Handcraft traditional washi paper
- Ride bamboo rafts and bike to a mountain