Families With Teens
How do you get your teens excited about going on a family vacation? Simple. Give them a vacation that includes what they like - adventure, challenge, time with peers, adrenaline-pumping action and time to chill. Plus, cool stuff that's, well, too grown up for little kids (who by the way are not on the same trips) like camping on the Inca trail in Peru and canyoning in Costa Rica.
We loved our Thomson trip with our teenage son Phil and can’t wait to do another. He really bonded with all the teens on the trip, and still keeps in touch with them. Even now, one year after the trip, he has just returned home from a visit with one of the other kids on the trip. As an only child, having other teens to share the trip with made all the difference in the experience.
Costa Rica Teen Adventure
- Hike to the rocky summit overlooking Machu Picchu
- Trek and camp at an ancient Inca quarry
- Explore colonial Cuzco on foot
- Ride elephants at a conservation camp
- Whitewater raft through hill tribe villages
- Discover Bangkok’s grandiose temples and palaces
- Trek Mount Meru
- Visit with Tanzanian teens
- Ride mountain bikes to a quaint village
- Rappel and descend cliffs and waterfalls
- Hike a private cloud forest trail
- Snorkel a reef teeming with diverse marine life