Family Vacations With Teens
How do you get your teens excited about going on a vacation with the entire family? Simple. Give them a teen vacation experience that includes what they like - adventure, challenge, time with peers, adrenaline-pumping action and time to chill. Plus, cool stuff that's, well, too grown up for little kids (who by the way are not on the same trips) like camping on the Inca trail in Peru and canyoning in Costa Rica.
We loved our Thomson trip with our teenage son Phil and can’t wait to do another. He really bonded with all the teens on the trip, and still keeps in touch with them. Even now, one year after the trip, he has just returned home from a visit with one of the other kids on the trip. As an only child, having other teens to share the trip with made all the difference in the experience.
Costa Rica Teen Adventure
- The tallest free standing mountain in the world at 5,895 meters (19,341 feet) tall
- We have a summit success rate of 98%.
- Ample time to acclimatize
- Beautiful sights on less crowded trails
- Daytime summit bid
- Relax in beautiful Naples
- Only for families with teens
- Ride bamboo rafts and bike to a mountain
- Trek to the shrine of a Berber saint
- Visit the home of a local Moroccan family
- Explore a vibrant market and a bustling fishing pier
- Explore colonial Cuzco on foot
- Discover Bangkok’s grandiose temples and palaces
- Trek Mount Meru
- Visit with Tanzanian teens
- Visit Gibb's farm for a tour
- Explore the "wild" interior of Rat's Nest Cave
- Go rafting on Kicking Horse River